You heard it here first, Apple will be adding a â€œcable inâ€ feature to high end Mac Minis. The hardware enabling this is an ATI card based on their 650 models but specific to Apple. The software behind the TV playback will play in Front Row and may eventually play in an iTunes interface allowing customers to download (buy) episodes they are watching (from supported carriers) commercial free. Apple will try and limit the â€œPVRâ€ status and make the Mac mini more of a content aggregator.
Small processor bumps and hard drive increases will also be introduced. Stay tuned for some technical details and more news on a possible Mac mini â€œbiggerâ€, apparently a larger Mac Mini with a black face and white body was seen. We will do some research and try to get to the bottom of this rumor.
Update: This is not to be confused with the unannounced Mac Mini upgrades reported today. Apple does showcase minor processor updates, and looks at those updates and a rev not a product update. The Mac Mini with a black face was actually a PVR testing model, makes you wonder what the benchmark is. We will work to get further updates.
Update: Mac mini to get new input – output feature. More to come.
Read more posts by Christopher Carey
- Sorting through the chaos of Google Buzz - February 24th, 2010
- Best Wallpaper Search Engine - February 16th, 2010
- Google Developing a Gaming Console? - February 16th, 2010
- iPad a perfect tool for a perfect world that doesn't exist - February 9th, 2010
- Ninite the ultimate blind software installer - February 9th, 2010